You can use the levy to employ an apprentice or retrain your existing staff. The majority of the funding comes from the government and employers with fewer than 50 employees are able to train 16-18 year old apprentices without making a contribution towards the costs of training and assessment. Instead, the government pays 100% of the training costs for these individuals, up to the funding band maximum.
If an employer has more than 50 employees and does not pay the apprenticeship levy and would like to train an apprentice, they need to co-invest 10% of the funding cost of the apprenticeship and benefit from government funding to cover the remaining 90% of the funding cost no matter what the age of the apprentice is.
View our current apprenticeship courses or contact us for more information.