Our supported internship programme is for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
Internships are unpaid work and last for a minimum of six months. The on-the-job training will support you to move into paid employment at the end of the programme. You will be at work for up to 16 hours a week and at college for 1 day a week.
How it works
At the start of your programme you will be fully supported in your chosen work placement. A job coach will assist you with on the job training. As you become competent in your role the support will reduce. (This may take several months).
At the end of your work placement the employer will offer an interview which we hope will lead to paid employment.
Is a supported internship for you?
- You need to be at least 18 years old
- You need to have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- You will need to have a strong desire to work
- You will need to be reliable and willing to learn new skills
- You will need to get to your work placement
Find out more
If you're not sure about the programme or have any questions, our staff would be happy to assist. Please contact us on 01727 737000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org