Floristry Designs for Improvers: Wed 17 Apr, 19:00-21:00
NEW! This six week course is for students who have previously completed the beginners course (or have previous experience with flower arranging) and want to expand and develop their floristry skills and knowledge further. You will:
1. Create a glued floral design – learn the different methods and techniques of gluing and creating a wrist corsage to wear.
2. Make a garland using different foliage’s – explore various methods of garlanding, useful design for decorating the home as a dinner table runner, on a staircase or mantlepiece.
3. Make a natural willow heart or circular Spring wreath with moss, using materials which will naturally dry to keep as a decoration in the home or garden.
4. Create a floral hand tied with a collar, discover how to spiral stems as well as create a unique modern collar to match.
5. And finally make a Spring planted arrangement using, which is ideal for the garden or as a gift. We will combine bulbs, evergreens and Spring decorations in a woven basket’
The tutor will demonstrate various arrangements, and then you can create your design to take home. Scissors and sundries will be provided. The cost of flowers are not included within the fee so you will be need to budget approximately £8-£15 per week.
Am I right for the course?
This course is aimed at those who have completed Introduction to Floristry Designs or have previous flower arranging experience.
There are no entry requirements however all learners must be 19 years old or over.
Informal assessment and discussion will be used to support learners in developing their skills. There is no formal assessment on this course.
You will need to supply your own flowers each week, we estimate approximately £8 to £15 per week. A buying list will be provided prior to the first lesson and an apron. Basic tools and sundries will be provided (floristry scissors, tape and wires)
A skilled teacher
Festive Floristry Designs and Wedding Floristry Designs
16-18 years old, no tuition fees apply to Full Time courses and fees subject to confirmation. Additional costs applicable to BHS courses.
For all two year courses fees shown above are per year.
Aged 19+ and planning to take a level 3 or above a different fee may apply. You may be eligible for an Advanced Learning Loan.
All HE courses (full and part time) are subject to tuition fees.
In need of more advice?
Contact our Admissions team to find out more about student fees and how they might apply to you.
Other courses you may be interested in
Experience what the future
has to offer at Oaklands College
Studying at Oaklands is about finding out what you enjoy learning, with a huge range of courses including A Levels, BTECs and Apprenticeships our students are given the opportunity to make their own academic choices, and thrive in a subject they enjoy.