Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Business Administration – online
This qualification is delivered entirely online, however students will also have the option of either a weekly online or face to face tutorial.
The course provides you with the underpinning knowledge that is required by employees to work in a range of different environments in a business administration role.
The objectives of this qualification are to help you to develop essential knowledge of how to carry out administrative tasks such as how to manage
information and supporting events and know how to apply your knowledge in a variety of industries and job roles.
While completing this qualification, you will develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar key skills such as team working, independent learning and problem solving, to more tricky-to-measure skills such as:
– an appreciation for appropriate behaviour and dress
– appropriate interpersonal skills
– communicating with professional colleagues/peers and/or hierarchical seniors
– supporting other aspiring employees
– personal manners and deportment
– understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation.
Course Content - What will I learn?
Within the course you will study a range of units, that may include the following:
– Principles of providing administrative services
– Principles of business document production and information management
– Understand communication in a business environment
– Understand employer organisations
– Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
– Understand customer service
– Understand the administration of human resource records
Am I right for the course?
This qualification has been developed to enable students to progress into employment in a business administration role or onto higher level studies.
You must hold GCSE / L2 Functional skills in either Maths or English or international equivalents.
Learners will complete an online portfolio of evidence throughout the course.
Delivery of this qualification will be entirely online. Pre-prepared lesson resources will be published weekly with audio overlay. Students will be able to meet with tutors each week for support online.
Suitable employment options could include:
– Customer Service Advisor
– Business Support Officer
– Telesales Operato
– Junior Sales Executive
– Team Leader
– Floor Manager
Alternatively you could progress onto the L3 Access to HE qualification
16-18 years old, no tuition fees apply to Full Time courses and fees subject to confirmation. Additional costs applicable to BHS courses.
For all two year courses fees shown above are per year.
Aged 19+ and planning to take a level 3 or above a different fee may apply. You may be eligible for an Advanced Learning Loan.
All HE courses (full and part time) are subject to tuition fees.
In need of more advice?
Contact our Admissions team to find out more about student fees and how they might apply to you.
Other courses you may be interested in
Experience what the future
has to offer at Oaklands College
Studying at Oaklands is about finding out what you enjoy learning, with a huge range of courses including A Levels, BTECs and Apprenticeships our students are given a the opportunity to make their own academic choices, and thrive in a subject they enjoy.