Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Excellence Customer Service for Hospitality – online
This qualification is delivered entirely online, however students will also have the option of either a weekly online or face to face tutorial.
This qualification will enable learners to develop an understanding of:
– communicating with customers in the hospitality sector
– teamwork in the hospitality sector
– professional standards and personal development
– legislation and regulations relating to customer service delivery in the hospitality sector.
Course Content - What will I learn?
Within the course you will study a range of units, that may include the following:
– Principles of customer service in the hospitality sector
– Understand effective teamwork in the hospitality sector
– Understand legislation and guidance relevant to the hospitality sector
– Understand professional personal standards in the hospitality sector
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar key skills, such as team working, independent learning and problem solving, to more tricky-to-measure skills, such as:
– an appreciation for appropriate behaviour and dress
– appropriate interpersonal skills
– communicating with professional colleagues/peers and/or hierarchical seniors
– supporting other aspiring employees
– personal manners and deportment
– understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation.
Am I right for the course?
This qualification is designed for learners (age 19+) who are looking to enter, or progress within, employment in the hospitality sector. It will enable learners to develop knowledge and understanding of customer service excellence for the hospitality sector.
You must hold GCSE / L2 Functional skills in either Maths or English or international equivalents.
Learners will complete an online portfolio of evidence throughout the course.
Delivery of this qualification will be entirely online. Pre-prepared lesson resources will be published weekly with audio overlay. Students will be able to meet with tutors each week for support online.
Suitable employment options could include:
– Front of House staff
– Customer Service and Booking Operator
– Junior Sales Executive
– Customer Service Team Leader
Alternatively you could progress onto the L3 Access to HE qualification
16-18 years old, no tuition fees apply to Full Time courses and fees subject to confirmation. Additional costs applicable to BHS courses.
For all two year courses fees shown above are per year.
Aged 19+ and planning to take a level 3 or above a different fee may apply. You may be eligible for an Advanced Learning Loan.
All HE courses (full and part time) are subject to tuition fees.
In need of more advice?
Contact our Admissions team to find out more about student fees and how they might apply to you.
Other courses you may be interested in
Experience what the future
has to offer at Oaklands College
Studying at Oaklands is about finding out what you enjoy learning, with a huge range of courses including A Levels, BTECs and Apprenticeships our students are given a the opportunity to make their own academic choices, and thrive in a subject they enjoy.