Oaklands pledges support for Apprenticeships
The College has pledged its support for the Pass the Torch campaign ahead of National Apprenticeship Week (14-18 March).
Oaklands College has pledged its support for the Pass the Torch campaign ahead of National Apprenticeship Week (14-18 March).
The campaign is designed to encourage employers to pledge their support to Apprenticeships and Traineeships, showcasing their commitment to the Government’s target to reach 3 million apprenticeships by 2020. The campaign represents the passing on of Apprenticeship and Employer knowledge.
Nicole Sadd, Head of Apprenticeships at Oaklands, said: “We are delighted to get behind this campaign. An Apprenticeship is a fantastic way to get the hands on experience you need to get the job you want, and get paid while you do it. We also want employers to discover how hiring Apprenticeships can help their business grow and thrive.”
Did you know?
- There are 297,000 people on Apprenticeships in FE colleges
- 89% of apprenticeship employers report that apprenticeships have helped their business improve the quality of their product or service
- Businesses report an average increase in productivity by £214 a week when they hire apprentices
- 71% of apprentices stay with the same employer
- Apprenticeships are available in over 1,500 job roles