16 – 18 Bursary Fund
Vulnerable Bursary of *£1,200 is for those of you who are in receipt of income support/universal credit (in your own name); children looked after (in care); care leavers and disabled young people in receipt of employment support allowance and those of you who are also in receipt of disability living allowance/personal independence payments.
Additional travel subsidies will be made available when it is assessed that travel costs could be a barrier to your attendance. This could be in the form of a free bus pass.
Oaklands Discretionary Learner Support Fund (DLSF) Bursary is for those of you whose family is in receipt of any or all of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Universal credit
- Employment Support Allowance
- Job Seekers Allowance
- Pension Credit Guarantee
- Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £26,600
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Benefit (excluding single person allowance)
- or on a family income which is below £26,600.
Oaklands Emergency Funding is for those of you that are in a temporary situation which is of a personal urgency or are experiencing a change of circumstances. This award is discretionary and will be based on an individual basis.
Residential Award – Is for those of you 16-18 year olds studying on one of our Sports or Land Based specialist courses, and moving/studying away from home.
At Oaklands we do our best to make learning affordable for you, therefore if you are struggling financially please discuss any of your queries or concerns about coming to college with our Student Advice Team.
19+ Bursary Fund
For those of you applying for Skills Funding Agency (SFA) supported courses this entitlement is to increase access to learning, retention and achievement.
Oaklands Bursary is for those of you aged 19+ with a household income of less than £26,600 or if you are a named dependent. If you are married or living with a partner we will assess your joint income.
You will receive*:-
- 100% of material fees and related course costs excluding tuition fees
- Subsidised travel will be made available when it is assessed that travel costs could be a barrier to attendance
- Up to £45 per month for those living inside Zone 2 and not on an UNO bus route
- Up to £60 per month for those who live outside Zone 2
- Trips paid that are linked to curriculum or college activities
- Support for domestic emergencies if required
How to apply
At Oaklands we do our best to make learning affordable for you, and if you are struggling financially please discuss any of your concerns about coming to college with our Student Advice Team and we'll see how we can help..
For further information about all fees and to find out what financial support may be available for you, please contact our Student Advisors via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01727 737000.