Student eligibility – students must be aged between 16-18 on 31st August 2016 to be eligible. Students who turn 19 during their study programme will be eligible until the end of the academic year in which they turn 19 or to the end of the programme, whichever is sooner.
Students aged between 19-25 who are subject to a learning difficulty assessment (LDA) or Education Health and Care Plan (EHC) and ESF students aged 16-18 on 31st August 2016 are also entitled to a free meal while attending their provision if they meet the eligibility criteria.
Students being in receipt of, or having parents who are in receipt of the following can apply for the scheme:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Custom
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit