St Albans Campus Masterplan
The College is planning a £51m redevelopment of the Campus to address a number of issues, particularly the inadequacy of the current teaching environment and the inefficiency of the buildings.
The new development will include:
• A new Gateway building, providing a landmark entrance and one-stop shop for students, staff, community users and visitors to the College, as well as new, bespoke provision for students with moderate learning and behavioural difficulties. This will replace the current facilities which are not ideally located and are also too small to satisfy the current needs of the College
• A new Science and Teaching building which will satisfy the needs of teaching staff and students, while also being flexible to adapt to changing requirements over time
• A new Construction and Engineering building which will provide specialist and innovative accommodation for an area of the curriculum which continues to experience high demand from students and employers alike. The skills this area serves are also a key priority of the Hertfordshire LEP
• Purpose-built accommodation for the 16-18 year olds living on-site, to replace the current, aged facilities and provide a more secure living environment for our residential students
• New, dedicated facilities for our Nursery, Sports and Land Based provisions, to replace the current buildings which are in much need of updating.
These developments will yield a number of key and highly tangible advantages for students, staff and the community (including local employers and businesses). The masterplan includes dedicated provision for the various curriculum areas which meet current needs and requirements, as well as being flexible to cater for future developments in teaching and our provision. The project will take about five years to deliver.