Welcome to the Governance section of the College website.
Oaklands College has 16 corporation members who are all unpaid volunteers. The board meets ten times each year (usually on the second Monday of each month in the evening) and is responsible for:
Please note that the Corporation does not allow any person to attend a board meeting who is not either a board member or is the Clerk, unless the Chair has been notified in advance and the Corporation agrees it.
- Agreeing the mission for the college and determining and reviewing its educational character
- Approving the College’s quality strategy
- The strategic direction of the College
- The overall functioning of the College
- The quality of the service to students and their welfare
- The financial health of the College
- The proper use of public funds
- Ensuring effective management
- Setting and monitoring targets for the recruitment, retention, and success of students
- Monitoring its own performance to ensure that it operates to a high standard