Here at Oaklands College we have one of the best equestrian departments in the country and run equine courses for all levels, from novice to competitive rider.
The centre is an established examination centre for the British Horse Society as well as an approved ‘Where to Train’ Centre and competition venue.
- Modern stabling for up to 31 horses
- A solarium and horse walker
- A range of horses for all abilities
- Indoor and outdoor arenas
- Extensive paddocks, grazing areas and a four mile hacking track
Also on offer are:
- A range of livery options: Working Livery, Holiday Livery and limited Full Livery and Loan spaces
- Regular Unaffiliated Show Jumping, British Dressage and Riding Club competitions which our students are encouraged to take part in
- Clinics that are held here on Show Jumping and Dressage run by international riders/coaches
- Regular Course Hire
- British Horse Society Examinations and Training
- Pony Club events which are held here
- Evening BHS training courses
Please get in touch if you'd like to know more about any events we run at the College or would like to hire any of our facilities. If you're interested in our educational provision please see our Equine courses page for details.
The Equestrian Centre participate and help organise a variety of events, such as dressage events and pony days. Contact us for more details about upcoming events
Join Oaklands College at the next British Dressage event to experience this beautiful sport first hand.
We run regular un-affiliated show jumping competitions from 50cm to 1 metre. These include qualifies for GB Rider and Sunshine Fair.
We offer working livery which includes 5* care 7 days a week for £275 per month. This includes hay, feed, bedding & 7 day care.
Horses must be over 14.2hh, 5 years old, established in walk, trot & canter and capable of jumping a course of small fences.
Owners are still able to ride their horses when they like we just ask that you give us 24 hours’ notice so we can ensure the horse is not being used in a lesson.
Oaklands College is home to a fully equipped horse facilities which are available for hire.
Our facilities include:
- Indoor school: A 20 x 40 metres arena with a Martin Collins gel track surface. There are mirrors located around the arena and a full sound system, and gallery with seating.
- Outdoor school: We have a fully floodlit, 25 x 60 metres arena with a weather resistant sand and rubber surface, especially chosen by us to offer maximum safety to you and maximum comfort to your horse. There is also a sound system to run outdoor British Dressage music classes.
- Horse walker: A five horse Monarch horsewalker with rubber brick surface. A horsewalker is a useful time saving way of exercising your horses, and also of cooling them down after a ride.
- Solarium: Solariums can help improve a horses performance, the heat energy penetrates the skin helping to stimulate blood circulation and aiding recovery from injuries.
Contact us to find out more about hiring our facilities.