National Skills Fund
The National Skills Fund aims to help adults to train and gain the valuable skills they need to improve their job prospects and support the economy.
Fully Funded Level 3 Adult Courses
The National Skills Fund, as part of the Lifetime Skills Guarantee which was announced by the Prime Minister in September 2020, aims to help adults to train and gain the valuable skills they need to improve their job prospects and to support the immediate economic recovery and future skills needs by boosting the supply of skills that employers require.
This additional funding will give adults aged 19 and over, without a full Level 3 qualification (equivalent to an advanced technical certificate or diploma, or A levels), free access to fully-funded level 3 courses in order to support them in gaining the skills needed for jobs in sectors such as construction, logistics, healthcare and digital.
Our current Level 3 courses for Adults:
- Level 3 Certificate in Childcare & Education - Part Time
- Level 3 Certificate in Childcare & Education - Full Time
- Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Applied Science - Forensics
- Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Business & Finance - St Albans
- Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Business & Finance - Welwyn Garden City
- Level 3 Diploma in Site Carpentry
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
The Financial Support page covers information on; eligibility, types of bursaries available, evidence needed to apply, and how to apply
Higher Education Bursary
All students joining a Higher Education programme are liable for tuition fees. There are no concessions available however you can apply for a Student Loan to cover your tuition fee. You may also be eligible for a Maintenance Loan. The College also has a HE Bursary and students can apply for this.